Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wake Up

I think it's pretty hard now a days for people to wrap their heads around reality. I constantly look at people and it just seems like they are overestimating everything they depend on and build houses on sand with every step they take, or people just simply think they have the worst life in the world when billions of starving families, rampant wars, humans rights crimes, and whatever the hell other carnage you can spot on a sports bar TV at three in the afternoon. I'm guilty of it, I'm sure you are too. No one's perfect, but has that fact been ingrained so much into is that we don't even try? People rarely sit back and reflect on what, why, how, and who the hell they really are anymore? It's so easy to sit back and point fingers of blame, but wouldn't it actually rely on us to take a step back from ourselves? How hard can it be? I'd assume pretty hard by the looks of things.

Now, by no means do I want to cynically bash the entire human population. If anything I want to raise awareness for the entire human spirit itself. We drown ourselves in distractions and drown each other in pride and hate. Fifteen year friendships get ruined because of Facebook comments, marriages get ruined because of some horseshit World of Warcraft raid someone couldn't miss for their own kid's birth. Meaning has become meaningless, worth worthless, and vice versa. It just seems to me that somewhere along the line being a good person got traded in as the main goal for being the best person somehow. Cool over caring is now the norm, and the byproduct is an entire generation sitting around bitching at each other about their problems instead of putting down the 360 controller, getting off Facebook, and solving some shit. Distraction is always the better alternative.

I hope somebody gets motivated by this. I surely hope I do. The irony of the whole thing is I'll post this to Facebook, and twenty minutes after doing so I'll find myself reading inane details about someone's life who I just really have no business worrying about. What the hell's a man to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment